The 11th International Symposium on the Passivity of Metals and Semiconductors will be held at Nara Kasugano International Forum on March 9 - 12, 2021, organized by Japan Society of Corrosion Engineering (JSCE).
The Passivity symposium has covered various aspects on passivity of metals and semiconductors, for examples, the growth, structure and properties of passive films as well as their breakdown in diverse environments. Recently, the symposium also includes the research on the formation and application of anodic oxide layers. The purpose of the symposium is to exchange, share and discuss a state-of-art knowledge in this field.
Passivity-11 focuses on various aspects on passivity and anodization of metals and semiconductors. The symposium will consist of plenary, keynote and invited lectures as well as contributed oral and poster presentations.
The topics of interest include, but not strictly limited to:
* Growth, structure and composition of passive films and anodic films
* Properties and functionalities of passive films and anodic films
* Passivity breakdown and localized corrosion
* Advanced characterization on passive films
* Passivity of novel and newly-developed materials
* Passivity issues in specific cases from nuclear to biological environments
* Modification of passive films
* Passivity and dissolution of semiconductors
* Inhibitors and surface modifications
* Modeling and simulation